We have received several messages regarding dead geese at the Mill Pond. We thank you for letting us know and we share your sadness and concern. We have been in touch with the Wisconsin DNR Bureau of Investigation. They are aware but are not able to share any further details of what happened at this time because of an ongoing investigation. Should you have any questions or information you’d like to share you may call DNR Conservation Warden Steve Swiertz at 414 335-0289 or the anonymous tip line at 1-800 847-9367. Thanks again. Our community is better because caring people are keeping an eye on our park land and its inhabitants.
FRIENDS OF THE MILL POND & OAK CREEK WATERCOURSE, INC. is an organization of over 50 members whose objective is the restoration and beautification of the land and water environment that surround the South Milwaukee Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse. Our organization seeks the support and guidance from Milwaukee County to help achieve its long-term goal to restore this community treasure.
Benefits that would come from this restoration would be:
• Increased recreational use of the park
• Enhanced area for community activities
• Increased community awareness
• Increased social value of this site during all seasons
• Respect of this historic area and natural resources while providing a buffer for groundwater run off
• Encourage sustained preservation