FRIENDS OF THE MILL POND & OAK CREEK WATERCOURSE, INC. is an organization of over 50 members whose objective is the restoration and beautification of the land and water environment that surround the South Milwaukee Mill Pond and Oak Creek Watercourse. Our organization seeks the support and guidance from Milwaukee County to help achieve its long-term goal to restore this community treasure.
Benefits that would come from this restoration would be:
• Increased recreational use of the park
• Enhanced area for community activities
• Increased community awareness
• Increased social value of this site during all seasons
• Respect of this historic area and natural resources while providing a buffer for groundwater run off
• Encourage sustained preservation